A nation repositioning itself in maritime trade
Seatrade and TradeWinds present the Turkish Maritime Forum, a new approach to Turkish shipping, designed for a nation repositioning itself in maritime trade.
- TradeWinds and Seatrade have been organising events in Turkey since 2007
- Participants from over 20 different countries took part in the Turkish Shipping Summit 2012
- $400 billion has been invested by the Turkish government from 2010-2013 in energy, transportation and communications projects
- Total tonnage of Turkish-owned ships has more than doubled since 2002
- Goods carried are projected to triple in the next ten years
Turkey has the potential to obtain a much higher position in world shipping
Following on from the successful Turkish Shipping Summit, which ran from 2007, the Turkish Maritime Forum will analyse with fresh eyes the potential international and regional opportunities in Turkey for 2013 and beyond.
- Ship owners & operators
- Ship brokers & charterers
- Financiers & banks
- Ship builders & repair yards
- Classification societies
- Equipment & services providers
- Government, regulatory bodies and industry associations